Acupuncture can be a great therapy for numerous women’s health issues. Below are the most common women’s health conditions that we treat with acupuncture and herbal medicine in our clinic – although there are, of course, many more conditions for which acupuncture can be a useful modality!
Problems with periods:
· Painful periods – endometriosis, cramping, or low back pain with periods
· Irregular menstrual cycles – absence of periods, short cycles, long cycles, or irregular menstrual cycles
· Heavy bleeding with periods or spotting between periods
· PMS symptoms – bloating, breast tenderness, digestive upset, irritability, heightened emotions, cramping, acne, etc.
Problems with the external genitals:
· Genital warts, genital herpes, genital sores
· Vulvodynia or other pain of the vulva
· Trouble getting pregnant and still trying to conceive naturally
· Trouble getting pregnant and going through Western fertility treatments such as Clomid, IUI, and IVF
· Morning sickness
· Fatigue during pregnancy
· Sinus issues, allergies, colds, headaches, or migraines during pregnancy, when avoiding medication
· Breeched presentation
· Delayed labor
· Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
· Adrenal fatigue
· Vaginal dryness
· Fuzzy-headedness, memory loss, anxiety
Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine work at restoring balance to the body’s systems to approach any of these problems from a holistic perspective. Your acupuncturist will work with you to determine the best possible course of treatment for your unique experience.