Abdominal Therapy is founded on an ancient Maya technique of abdominal massage, including pelvic treatment and correction. This technique is performed externally by gently guiding and supporting organs, soft tissue, and skeletal structures back into their optimal position, allowing for improved functioning for optimal health and wellness.
The techniques effectively alleviate tissue congestion and organ constriction to improve the vital flows of energy, blood, lymph and nerves in the abdomen and pelvis. It addresses and can release emotional and energetic tension from the abdomen. This assists to prevent the progression of chronic disease symptoms while improving the body’s ability to self-repair and balance.
Click Here to Add a Title
Click Here to Add a Title
Abdominal Therapy supports and enhances health and wellness throughout the life cycle for women, men, and children.
The following are the most common symptoms and conditions that AbdominalTherapy may help address:
FOR EVERYONE (all genders, infancy to elderly)
- Digestive disorders (Crohn’s, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), gastritis, constipation, indigestion, etc.)
- Muscular Tension
- Urinary System (incontinence, frequent urinary infections, etc.)
- Varicose Veins
- Fertility Enhancement
- Post Surgical Care (scar tissue, quickened recovery, etc.)
Early stages of BPH (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy)
- Menstrual Disorders (painful/irregular periods)
- Pre-Conception through Postpartum Care
- Discomforts of Pregnancy; Birth Preparation*
- C-section/hysterectomy surgery recovery
- Pelvic Organ Congestion (endometriosis, cysts, fibroids)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Chronic bladder/yeast infections
- Pelvic organ prolapse
*During pregnancy, sessions will be based on which trimester you are in and will help to support the uterus to optimize a healthy pregnancy, labor, and delivery. Many common complaints may be relieved such as heartburn, lower back pain, pubic pain, pressure in the pelvic floor, and more.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING AN ABDOMINAL THERAPY SESSION:
Comprehensive review of your past and present healthcare needs focusing on reproductive and digestive health
Upper and lower abdominal massage to help:
- Align reproductive and abdominal organs to optimal position
- Improve circulation to organs
- Promote vital flow to support the body’s inherent healing capacity
Evaluation of and application of bodywork to improve alignment of spine
Instruction in self-care massage to enhance your professional session.
Recommendations* of complementary modalities to support your health and wellness that may include:
- Faja – a traditional lower abdomen support wrap
- Bajos – traditional herbal pelvic steam bath of the Maya
- Castor oil packs
- Nutritional and herbal support
- Lifestyle education
Your practitioner will work with you to address your specific needs. Typically, 2-3 professional sessions (at a minimum) are required to address most conditions. Clients who perform their self-care massage on a routine basis report an improvement in their symptoms.
*Note: supportive modalities are recommended by practitioners based on his/her professional license, scope of practice, as well as client needs.
Your initial visit is broken into two parts. The first part is a telehealth session with your therapist to complete your initial intake and health history, and to allow your therapist to prepare for your in person session. The second part is a 60-minute in-person treatment. We recommend scheduling Part 2 of your Initial Visit 1-7 days after your telehealth session. Based on scheduling, we highly recommend setting up both parts of the initial visit when you call to make your first appointment.
Initial Abdominal Therapy Consultation (Part 1) (via Telehealth): $110
Initial 60-minute Abdominal Therapy Visit (Part 2): $115
Follow-Up 75-minute Abdominal Therapy Visit: $140
Follow-Up 60-minute Abdominal Therapy Visit: $115
Telehealth 30-minute Abdominal Follow-Up: $65